Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Mental Hopscotch

Walking home from the train the other day, I turned down my block and stumbled across some sidewalk chalk drawings – nothing unusual. But the header caught my eye:



Yes, instead of your typical 1, 2, 3, 4-5, 6, 7-8, 9, 10, this one didn’t just go to 11, but seemed to stretch down the block:



I tossed my stones (not a euphemism), hopped, scotched, stopped at a rest stop for some orange slices and Gatorade, used the Port-o-Pottie, tossed my stones (totally a euphemism this time), hopped and scotched some more and several blocks (or maybe houses) later I finally reached the end – 150.



The kids in my ‘hood don’t half-ass stuff.

Bonus Feature - Quote of the Day:


"I'd rather go see Miley Cyrus with my imaginary friends."

2 comments:

lim said...

Ah hah! So you DID toss them around a little the first time.

keysunset said...

I think the kids were sitting in the bushes laughing themselves silly watching adults fall for their trick. :-)

I'd have fallen for it too, though. Very cool.