Tuesday, September 08, 2009

F'er Living

My doctor gave me another six months to live with an option to renew, so I was feeling pretty good today. As such, instead of my mid-afternoon snack consisting of a can of Pringles crushed and sprinkled over a quart of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia, I decided to celebrate my continued existence by treating my body like the Temple of Doom which it is and sliced up some sticks of celery.

I also learned that you're not supposed to put celery in a garbage disposal. Who the hell knew? Oh, I guess everyone.

I swear if they made levees out of shredded celery, New Orleans would still be standing today. After a half hour under the sink unplugging pipes (not a euphemism), I learned my lesson. Stick to ice cream and Pringles.

3 comments:

keysunset said...

My doctor gave me another six months to live with an option to renew

Yes! *happy dance*

I knew you weren't supposed to put celery in a garbage disposal. You are supposed to put it in your compost pile.

BTW, don't break a glass in the garbage disposal either. Makes your celery ordeal a walk in the park.

HR said...

I feel your pain. It's leeks that keep fucking me up.

kristy said...

Yeah, another 6 months of not reading the blog and annoying the sh*t outta you!