Thursday, April 03, 2008

iPod Vomit

The worst random ten my iPod has thrown at me since I got it 17 months ago happened on the train ride home the other night. I suppose I have no one to blame but myself since at one point in the last 10 years of my life I decided that it would be a good idea to download each of those songs. But it’s a mother f’in iPod. It should know better. At least better than to throw all of those at me in succession to humiliate me. I think the iPod just got sick of having all these songs on it and decided to vomit. I can't begin to defend having these. The only consolation is that I found most of them on youtube, meaning somebody actually went through the trouble of uploading them. Since just listing the songs would not inflict the same misery, if you’re going to make fun of me for having these on my iPod you get to hear them, too (at your own risk). Get them fast... embedded vids seem to slow down the site so I'll probably remove them soon.

Lamb – Gorecki:

Sandie Shaw – Always Something There To Remind Me

Anne Murray – Love Song

Cansei De Ser Sexy – Hollywood
Pogues – Fairytale of New York: I keep thinking I'm supposed to like these guys, but I just don't get it. Kirsty is the only redeeming part of this one.

Pavement – Cut Your Hair: I like this one. Somehow it sneaked it's way in. They prevented me from jumping out of the train's emergency window, which is good since I was wearing my iPod and that would have made no sense at all.

Everly Brothers – Sleepless Nights: I couldn't find the orignal so enjoy some Gram Parsons.

RL Burnside – Shuck Dub: I like RL. But this should never have happened. He deserved better.

Hanged Up – Klang Klang: It's only a clip, but should be all you need.

Lisa Loeb – Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves: I couldn't find this one, either, but... here's two guys that like it but thought it would be even better with their bitchin' additions to the rhythm section. Wow.

4 comments:

Moist Rub said...

You are an idiot.

Anonymous said...

OK, I actually did listen to all of these. Tho I admit that for a couple, a few seconds in and that was enough.

Gorecki: Lamb - made me want to sacrifice something.

Sandie Shaw, or Stepford Wife - you decide.

Pavement: Cut Your Hair - Like it. Plus I get a cute connection to Squeeze's "She Doesn't Have To Shave."

Everly Brothers (played here by Gram Parsons and Emmylou Harris): Sleepless Nights - I love Emmylou Harris, so I'm totally biased on my like for this version.

RL Burnside: Suck Dub. Yeah, I typed it.

Hanged Up: Klang Klang - Definitely don't play this one in enclosed spaces with convenient loops hanging from the ceiling.

I can't believe you let your iPod force you into listening to all of these songs. Get a grip, man, and be in control!

Anonymous said...

Did Van Gogh borrow your iPod?

Anonymous said...

You don't like the Pogues? That's just ridiculous.