Saturday, September 10, 2005

Not the Mansion Show Update - Sid

Talk about a show that inspires knee-jerk reactions. Remember the beginning when Suzie and JD were close to being tossed for early indiscretions like forgetting lyrics and face fucking the audience at the performance show? And I briefly, ever so briefly considered Wil a contender back around the time Saint Jordis could do no wrong. Then I was sure that MiG had this thing locked up and was a perfect fit before he turned into Steve Perry. Not too soon after that declaration, I threatened to suffocate Marty with a pillow and then stated a week later that he was the only choice that OBINXS could make. Now I’m beginning to think that even though the wheels fly off the JD-mobile every other week, he still might be the roit choice here. Then I can get back to listening to Beth Hart and Concrete Blonde and just wait for the Lovehammers to roll through Dallas. But I digress.

Why no mansion show update from Sid? Because Sid F’er has foregone a salary in return for LeperPop Publishing stock options, he still has a day job that gets extremely busy when catastrophes like Katrina strike. Don’t worry, I’m not answering phones for FEMA, however I am being forced to travel this Sunday thus missing half the NFL openers and the Rock Star mansion show. I considered resigning the day job, but then I’d probably have to cancel cable to save money and I’d miss the damn show anyway. Sure, I could watch it at a friend’s house, but they get all annoyed when I whip out the PowerBook G4 to take notes and tell them to shut the hell up when they start flapping their gums. If you’re reading this blog, I’m sure you understand. So you’re in Moist Rub’s hairy, sweaty palms until Tuesday.

In the meantime I thought I’d share some photos of LeperPop’s visit to Hollywood to attend the August 14th taping. I know I’m a little late, but I just found out you don’t have to take digital prints in to get developed. Sid F’er was the designated driver on the trip, so photography credits go to Moist Rub and Stiv. I think they really captured the spirit of the trip.

If you haven’t seen it yet, here’s a link to JD’s GFY shirt.

A link to MiG’s photo page.

Just a sampling of some of the fun stuff you can pick up in the Snarkgasm forum between shows. And I'll be back with an update on Tuesday.

Final note: RIP Gatemouth Brown. Had the pleasure of seeing Gate in concert a couple times. The last time was at Poor David's Pub and when he broke a guitar string, he let a guy in the front row change it out for him. And you know who that guy was? No, that guy was Mitch Comstein. He was a good guy.

Download Gatemouth Brown - Caldonia.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for some witty comments from you Leper Poppers about the pitches for votes from the remaining four rockers (RaKas)...I read a few message boards at the rockstar msn site, but that stuff isn't even in the same league as Leper Pop...please help.

Sid said...

Screw the RaKas...
Vote for Pedro.

And screw the MSN site, go over to the Snarkgasm link in my post for witty comments. Plenty of material regarding the student council election there.

Anonymous said...

What? You didn't get photos of the street leading to the rocker mansion? You did try to go, didn't you? Enough question marks?

Sid said...

The picture of me driving the Malibu was taken as we descended from Hollywood Hills after taking a swim at the mansion while the RaKas were at their weekly clinic. I'd post photos but there's that whole criminal trespass issue we're trying to avoid.

If you have Google Earth, you can find a placemark for the mansion at http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/58984/an/0/page/6

Anonymous said...

Wow. The pictures from your trip really captured the excitement of Hollywood. It's no wonder why everybody wants to go there.

Anonymous said...

As usual - a good laugh was had reading your blog and looking at the pictures. My god the Rainbow, the streets, et al. are just as seedy looking as they were in the very late 70s when I did my Hollyweird stint (lived in Playa del Rey). Didn't everyone have to pay their dues living there at some time in their life? The whole 3 years I lived there are really a blur - had to come back to Chi-town to get the head back on straight. And then I discovered BLUES and off it went again. Keep up the good work. RIP Clarence.

Moist Rub said...

I think it was an udder coincidence.

Moooo.

Anonymous said...

Where's the picture of Daphna's fat (as claimed by Moist) ass?

Anonymous said...

Mack, I was wondering the same re: Marty's/Radiohead's lyrics over the end shots (not to be confused with the cake shots), although I was only astute enough to catch the last stanza, not being familiar enough with the song. I'm not sure that foreshadowing bodes well imo, but since that time-honored technique is in the hands of Hollywood hacks, I'll just sit back and try to relax.

(I was glad, however, to see Suzie exercising since she is in dire need of de-stress to the nth degree. She should wear a sign--Endorphins welcome.)

Anonymous said...

I think Moist decided Daphna didn't have that fat of an ass afterall. But strangely enough all Sid's "thongs in the wrong" pictures have been omitted.

Anonymous said...

Sid's July Odds

MiG 1/1
Ty 5/1
Jordis 6/1
Suzie 7/1
Marty 7/1
Deanna 18/1
Jessica 25/1
JD 25/1
Tara 40/1
Brandon 50/1


July 22nd WAGG Post

"JD is INXS"

Moist Rub said...

What do you want, a cookie?

Sid said...

WAGG -
Thanks for the research. Seriously. That was the whole point of my post... I think that's what is keeping my interest in this show. What seems to be really isn't always. Some people have ways with words and others not have ways.
Considering I did write that six weeks ago, I don't think I did too bad. I misunderestimated Ty's ability to piss off people besides myself and JD's evil genius. How bout some odds on our final four, WAGG?

none said...
This comment has been removed by the author.