Sunday, March 23, 2008

iDigress

I got an iPhone a couple weeks ago. I guess it’s pretty cool if you’re a dork that spends your life text messaging or checking emails constantly or if you’re way more important than I am. For me, it was like getting a new alarm clock that can tell me the temperature outside before I get out of bed. And my 20 year old clock radio could even do the same thing if I set it for the right time – WBBM 780, with traffic and weather on the 8’s. The old-school way of doing it. But my employer insisted on the upgrade and picked up the tab, so I ditched the Nokia and completed my transition to iDork.

I’ve been using “old-school” quite often lately, mostly in reference to my taste in movies and technology. I guess it’s just a euphemism I use to admit I’m turning into an old coot who would rather watch Animal House for the 25th time rather than Old School for the 10th. Kind of ironic, huh?

Speaking of ironic, check out 9 Words That Don't Mean What You Think.

No comments: